/* */ Beulah Bee: Travel Time

April 20, 2016

Travel Time


Gambel's Quail are everywhere in my neighborhood and in great numbers, too. They travel in groups, chatter a lot, and almost never fly preferring instead, to scurry along the ground very quickly.

That was my bird of choice for Tim's 12 Tags - April and my mosaic technique was to paste paper bits from the Destinations Paper Stash on a bird illustration/drawing cut from an old book. I filled-in the cracks with white paint and covered the pieces with Glossy Accents.


If you live in metro Phoenix, you might recognize the Express Bus Pass which depicts another unique feature of our landscape, the Saguaro Cactus. The background paper (purple photo of mud cracks) was a yard sale find.

I used some Remnant Rubs, Postale Tissue Wrap and black Scribbles as embellishments along with machine stitching around the edges.


I always have so darn much fun working on Tim's monthly tags--his technique driven prompts have me trying new things that I wouldn't normally think of. This month's tag really emphasizes that point.